Medium Voltage Drives
Medium Voltage Drives
Yaskawa has been supplying medium voltage drives to the global market for more than 20 years with a proven track record of performance and reliability unmatched in the industry. MV drives can be applied equally well to applications requiring constant torque output performance as well as the traditional variable torque pump and fan loads. Target markets include oil and gas, water and wastewater, power generation, rubber and tire, mining, cement and other industrial applications.
MV1000 Medium Voltage Drives
The MV1000 is a medium voltage AC drive that takes a generational leap in ease of application and installation. With Yaskawa’s Smart Harmonics Technology input isolation transformer and nine-level output for 4kV drives (17 level line-to-line), the biggest traditional issues with the application of MV drives all but disappear. The MV1000 is a compact, all-in-one package including optional input switchgear, ideal for new or retrofit installations.
- Compact design produces a highly competitive footprint across the entire power range in a NEMA Type 1 enclosure (filtered and gasketed)
- Yaskawa Smart Harmonics Technology ensures low THD, without the need for additional filters
- Unique output stage using an enhanced cascaded H-bridge configuration reduces the number of power cells by half, providing a clean output waveform to the motor, without the need for additional filters or reactors
- Advanced control features provide high performance, including open loop vector control and excellent energy saving capabilities
- Digital operator with an easy-to-view LCD display (same as used on the A1000 series LV drives)
- Communication options for all major industrial networks provide high speed control and monitoring, reducing installation cost
- DriveWizard plus MV computer software and application sets for easy configuration
- USB copy unit and keypad configuration storage provide speed and convenience for duplicate configuration of multiple drives
- High-quality design, with an expected field MTBF greater than 200,000 hours (22.8 years)
MV1000 NEMA 3R Drives
The MV1000 NEMA 3R version ranges from 500-6000 HP and is tested to withstand extreme outdoor conditions, with an extended temperature range from -45C to +50C. This high-performance drive is installation-friendly and user-friendly.
- Exceeds IEEE 519 requirements
- 17-level motor waveform suitable for standard motors
- Control platform based on the highly successful A1000 low voltage product
- Open loop vector or closed loop vector for control of the most difficult loads
- Operation, adjustment, maintenance, and management are simple and intuitive
- Utilizes the same tools as Yaskawa’s 1000 series low voltage drives and a parallel parameter set
For more information on Medium Voltage Drives from Yaskawa, as well as how Power Motion can help, please contact us. We have locations in St. Louis, Kansas City and Little Rock, providing distributor and automation solutions services for Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Nebraska, Southern Illinois, Southern and Western Iowa, Northern Louisiana, Eastern Oklahoma and Northeast Texas. Not all products available in all areas.