Variable Frequency Drives
Variable Frequency Drives
Yaskawa variable frequency drives cover every automation application need in the industrial plant and incorporate the latest technological advancements in variable frequency motor speed control, made possible by experience and dedication to quality in design and manufacturing. The general purpose drives collection offers full-featured and versatile variable speed drives for every automation application need in the industrial plant. Demands for efficient production and better maintainability are on the rise, spurred by global competition. Yaskawa variable frequency drive products have earned a reputation for high performance, high functionality, and high quality.
GA800 Variable Frequency Drives
GA800 variable frequency AC drives provide the ultimate combination of power, ease of use, flexibility, and performance. In addition to its exceptional torque production and precise control, the GA800’s high-resolution display and connection to any mobile device allow for effortless setup. Whether an application requires simple control, advanced network communications, or functional safety, the GA800 can meet all variable speed needs. GA800 variable speed AC drives are available in 240 VAC Three Phase (1 to 150 HP) and 480 VAC Three Phase (1 to 600 HP) models.
The GA800 Configured package provides a GA800 in a UL Type 1 or UL Type 12 or UL Type 3R enclosure, with space for several commonly used options, such as reactors, circuit breakers and more. This package is designed to be flexible in providing the features and options commonly requested, as well as rugged and reliable for tough industrial environments. A variety of enclosure options provide the right environmental protection.
- High-resolution multi-language display with setup wizards and data logging.
- Bluetooth and DriveWizard Mobile for convenient and easy interaction.
- Communicate with GA800 via power from a PC or mobile device.
- Store drive data locally or push to/retrieve from the Yaskawa cloud.
- Programming without main power through embedded USB port.
- DriveWizard Desktop for comprehensive configuration and monitoring.
- DriveWorks EZ (embedded function blocks) provides extra flexibility, otherwise accomplished in a separate controller.
- Closed or open loop vector control for outstanding regulation and torque production.
- Fast-acting motor control functions provide near tripless operation.
- Popular network connections provide robust control and monitoring with system controllers.
- Embedded auxiliary control power input (24V) maximizes production time and efficiency by maintaining network communication while main power is removed.
- Embedded Safe Torque Off minimizes downtime for applications requiring occasional intervention (SIL CL3, PLe, Category 3).
- Integrated DC reactor (40HP and larger) improves power quality and compatibility.
- Integrated 12 pulse version provides a cost-effective solution for low harmonics.
- Integrated brake transistor (up to 125HP ND) for cost-effective heavy braking.
- Standard conformal coating helps resist contamination.
- Made with RoHS compliant materials for environmental compliance.
A1000 AC Drives
A1000 full-featured AC drives provide outstanding quality, performance, flexibility, and environmental friendliness through 1000HP. Enjoy network communications, feedback, and expandable I/O to control anything from simple fans and pumps to complex machines. For new installations or retrofits, the A1000 AC drives provide a single robust solution, regardless of application.
- Closed or open loop vector control allows for outstanding regulation, torque production, and position control capability.
- Continuous auto-tuning optimizes performance by compensating for changes in motor temperature.
- High-frequency injection enables high precision open loop control of Interior Permanent Magnet Motors.
- Fast-acting current and voltage limiters help achieve continuous drive operation during periods of excessive demand.
- High-slip braking reduces installation cost and the need for dynamic braking resistors.
- Communication options for all major industrial networks provides high-speed control and monitoring, reducing installation cost.
- DriveWizard computer software and Application Sets for easy configuration.
- Auxiliary Control Power Unit maximizes production time and efficiency by maintaining network communication while main power is removed.
- Embedded Safe Torque Off minimizes downtime for applications requiring occasional intervention (SIL CL2, PLd, Category 3).
- Embedded function blocks, programmable with DriveWorks EZ, provide additional application flexibility and the opportunity to eliminate separate controllers.
- USB Copy Unit and Keypad configuration storage provide speed and convenience for duplicate configuration of multiple drives.
- Removable terminal board with configuration storage provides convenience of configuration backup.
- Made with RoHS compliant materials.
- Integrated DC Reactor (standard on 30HP and larger) for input harmonic reduction.
- Kinetic Energy Braking allows drive to remain in control during momentary power losses.
- Integrated 12 Pulse version provides a cost-effective solution for low harmonics.
- Flange version provides NEMA 12 backside integrity when mounting with heatsink external.
J1000 Variable Frequency Drives
With the J1000, Yaskawa offers world-class compact variable frequency drives that define a new world standard. The J1000 drive, optimized for variable speed needs in compact applications, is simple and reliable with Yaskawa quality.
- Open loop V/f control
- RoHS compliance
- Dual rating: Normal Duty and Heavy Duty
- Starting torque of 150% at 3 Hz
- Side-by-side installation due to patented hybrid heatsink
- Preferred parameter feature
- “One-touch” copy function with verify with 5-digit LED keypad
- Increased vibration resistance, from 20 Hz to 50 Hz (0.65G)
- 1 in 10,000 failure rate
- Swing PWM function to decrease noise at low carrier frequencies
- Pre-maintenance function
- Modbus communication
- Reduction in mechanical parts to increase MTBF
- Cooling fan replacement without tools
- MTBF: 28 years
- Short Circuit Current Rating (SCCR): 30kA rms symmetrical
- Built-in dynamic braking transistor
- Common programming with all other Yaskawa drives
For more information on Variable Frequency Drives from Yaskawa, as well as how Power Motion can help, please contact us. We have locations in St. Louis, Kansas City and Little Rock, providing distributor and automation solutions services for Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Nebraska, Southern Illinois, Southern and Western Iowa, Northern Louisiana, Eastern Oklahoma and Northeast Texas. Not all products available in all areas.