Yaskawa linear slides are turnkey linear stage solutions, built-to-order and fully tested. Bolt them down, connect them and enjoy world-class linear motion immediately.
Sigma Trac II Linear Slides
The Sigma Trac II is a ready-to-run linear stage solution featuring the latest linear motor technology for high performance and repeatability with excellent reliability. This slide offers precise, high speed and repeatable linear motion, without the time-consuming process of designing linear stages. Yaskawa’s motion engineering expertise spares overworked engineers the effort of specifying, designing and sourcing components, assembly jigs and test equipment. These expertly designed, manufactured and tested mechatronic solutions give machines a faster time to market. Each component in Sigma Trac II is fully assembled and tested. With three motor sizes and 13 base lengths, there is a linear stage solution for nearly any application. All are available for use with 200V or 400V power.
- Coil and magnets
- Programming without main power through embedded USB port
- Cable management
- Optional bellows
- Optional X-Y mounting kit
- Minimize cycle times and maximize productivity with speeds up to 5 m/s, and peak force output up to 540 N.
- Coupling the load directly to the motor and encoder yields positioning repeatability of ±2 µm.
- Integrated bearing lubrication technology for long-term maintenance-free operation.
- Eliminate gears, belts and screws, resulting in a 10 million double-stroke design life.
- Absolute encoder feedback simplifies wiring and requires no homing routines, even after removing power from the equipment.
- Carefully controlling cable flex maximizes cable life.
- Use additional space in the cable carrier for cables and hoses to the payload.
- Optional bellows protect magnets and encoder scale from dust, loose debris, and the occasional dropped tool.
- Yaw accuracy is optimized by centering the coil, balancing the thrust equally between the bearings.
- An available X-Y mounting kit simplifies design and installation of two-axis Cartesian systems for pick and place, machining, and additive manufacturing operations.
SGT Sigma Trac
The Sigma Trac SGT is a series of linear actuators designed to reduce the work and unknown costs often involved in implementing linear motor technology into automation machines. Factory assembled to a precision aluminum base, Sigma Trac SGT delivers uncompromising linear motor performance in a bolt-on, plug-in package. Automatic motor recognition means start-up of the Sigma Trac is as quick and easy as a rotary servo system. Sigma Trac is well suited for single-axis point-to-point applications or for use in coordinated motion applications. Faster cycle times are the common result. Speeds up to 5 m/s and acceleration up to 5 g are possible.
- Factory assembled, fully integrated linear motor driven slide reduces machine design complexity and commissioning time.
- Automatic motor recognition by Yaskawa amplifiers eliminates need to input motor coil parameters.
- Long strokes and high-speed, high-accuracy positioning.
- Large integrated cable carrier allows space for peripheral cables and hoses.
- Covers and accessories available as accessories (up to 1 m stroke).