Machine Safety Devices & Controllers
Banner Engineering’s versatile safety controllers simplify complex safety systems by monitoring multiple safety and non-safety input devices and providing safe stop and start functions for machines with hazardous motion. A single safety controller can replace multiple safety relay modules on machines that use emergency stop buttons, safety light curtains and other safety input devices.
Banner’s entire line of safety controllers can now be configured using an SC-XM3 external drive. Users can apply a configuration to multiple safety controllers to get machines up and running quickly or to a single safety controller for an easy swapout in the field. The SC-XM3 ensures consistency by eliminating the need to rewrite identical configurations for additional or replacement safety controllers. Users can save tested and perfected configurations to the SC-XM3 and reapply them without the risk of introducing an error or inconsistency into the configuration.
SC10 Series Safety Controllers
Banner’s SC10 Series are the industry’s first low-cost, programmable safety controllers with two relay outputs – compact, cost-effective controllers for smaller machines. For the price of two relays, they offer two six-amp relays, industrial Ethernet communications, free configuration software and memory card backup capabilities. The SC10 series features an intuitive user interface that simplifies setup and management as well as advanced diagnostic capabilities to quickly identify and resolve issues.
- Intuitive, icon-based programming with drag-and-drop PC configuration simplifies device setup and management
- Supports a wide range of safety devices, eliminating the need to buy and stock safety relay modules dedicated to specific safety devices
- Two safety six amp relay outputs each with three N.O. sets of contacts
- Ten inputs, including four that can be used as non-safe outputs
- Automatic Terminal Optimization (ATO) can increase inputs from 10 up to 14
- Industrial Ethernet two-way communication enables 256 virtual non-safe status outputs and 80 virtual non-safe inputs (reset, on/off, cancel off-delay, mute enable.)
- SC-XM3 external drive for fast swap and quick configuration without a PC
XS26 Series Programmable Controllers
XS26-2 programmable safety controllers feature a small footprint and Boolean logic for high efficiency and flexibility. The next level of machine control just became more flexible by allowing expansion modules to increase the I/O count to handle larger and more complex machine safety applications. With the option to add up to 8 I/O expansion modules, XS26-2 safety controllers have the capacity to adapt to a variety of machines, including large-scale machines with multiple processes.
- Program in minutes with intuitive, easy-to-use icon-based drag-and-drop configuration software
- Simulator functionality allows users to test their configurations without being connected to a safety controller
- Up to eight expansion I/O modules can be added as automation requirements grow or change
- Choose from six expansion module models available to suit your application with a variety of safety inputs, solid-state safety outputs and safety relay outputs
- Innovative live display feature and diagnostics allow for active monitoring of I/O on a PC and assist in troubleshooting and commissioning
- Controller and input modules allow safety inputs to be converted to status outputs for efficient terminal use
- Ethernet-enabled models can be configured for up to 256 virtual status outputs and 80 virtual non-safety inputs (64 on/off or mute enables and 16 resets or cancel delays)
- 26 inputs and two pairs of safety outputs (base controller)
SC26 Series Safety Controllers
The SC26 Series is a flexible safety controller for machines that typically use three safety relays. The SC26 supports 26 inputs and two dual channel outputs with 0.5 amps each. With a smaller footprint and addition of Boolean logic functions, the SC26-2 was designed to be easy to use, flexible and efficient.
- Monitors a variety of input devices such as e-stop buttons, rope pulls, enabling devices, protective safety stops, interlocked guards or gates, optical sensors, two-hand controls and safety mats
- Boolean logic functions for programming flexibility
- Intuitive programming environment for easy implementation
- Pre-configured safety function blocks including two-hand control, muting and enabling device to simplify application programming
- Base controller allows eight of the 26 inputs to be configured as outputs for efficient terminal use